December 10, 2021 All Day
Subjects covered include:
Upon completion of the activities in these sessions, you will be able to:
- Describe benefits of a safe and healthful workplace.
- Define the supervisor’s responsibility for safety.
- Explain how safety affects a company’s competitive position and profitability.
- Recognize stress characteristics and their impact on safe performance.
- Identify hazards and plan ways to eliminate or reduce them.
- List the direct and indirect costs of an accident.
- Explain how EMR rates affect your company’s ability to compete.
- Describe OSHA/MSHA administrative requirements and standards.
- Recognize the impact of drug and alcohol abuse on productivity and safety.
- Identify risk potential at all levels of your project.
- Explain the risk/reward concept.
- Describe different contract documents to define roles and responsibilities.
- Explain the requirements for change orders.
- Describe how to manage change orders and make them a profit center.
- Explain different time impacts that can affect your schedule.
- Explain that the Dispute Resolution Process stresses resolving disputes at the lowest possible level.
- Describe the guidelines of contract law for your work.
- Describe Contract Documents and your responsibilities.