Three Weeks- 120 hours
Trainees come to the course after obtaining their commercial driver’s learners permit (CLP) and DOT physical. WCA’s Regional Training Center has a 1.1 mile off-road track and skills pad on site. Students learn the required aspects of truck driving with an emphasis on off road driving and construction site driving to prepare students for working in the construction and energy industries. Job placement assistance is available for successful graduates.
Subjects covered include:
- Control and Vehicle Systems
- Basic Control, Shifting and Backing
- Coupling / Uncoupling
- Visual Search and Communication
- Speed and Space Management
- Night and Extreme Driving Conditions
- Hazard Perception
- Railroad Crossing and Emergency Maneuvers and Skid Control & Recovery
- Special Rigs
- Preventative Maintenance, Diagnosing & Reporting Malfunctions
- Handling Cargo and Cargo Documentation
- Hazardous Materials
- Hours of Service and Trip Planning
- Accident Procedures
- Personal Health & Safety, Public & Employer Relations
Students are tested by our third party testers.
- Wyoming CDL – A Permit, including General Knowledge, Air Brake, Tanker and Combination Vehicle
- DOT Physical and 5 year Motor Vehicle Record from the DMV
- Strong Work Ethic
- Steel Toe Boots and appropriate work attire
Students will receive a certificate of course completion.
Course Dates: October 25 – November 12, 2021
NOTE: To begin the application process for this course please submit our online Training Application.